Izizwe Dance Studio, located in Lawrence, MA, offers high quality dance classes to people of all ages and abilities. Izizwe provides specialized training, unique and powerful performances, and professional collaborations that prepare individuals for a successful future in the arts.
Izizwe believes a strong dance education can create a foundation for personal growth and success, and uses the art form to create empowered youth and communities.
All classes are held in a non-competitive positive environment with a focus on technique, creativity, and artistry. Join us today! Registrations are accepted throughout the year.
Izizwe offers the following classes:
Covid 19 PROTOCOL
Covid-19 In Studio Protocol
To ensure the safety of our staff, students, and community Izizwe Dance Studio is implementing the following things as of September 8th 2020.
1) Upon arrival students will have access to hand sanitizer and temperature checks.
2) Masks will be worn by all staff and students. Breaks will be given frequently to ensure students are comfortable. Extra disposable masks will be on site should anyone need one.
3) Students will have their own "square" to dance in that allows them to dance while remaining 6 feet apart.
4) Parents and family members will be asked to remain in their cars or outside the building during class. Students will be met in the parking lot and escorted into and out of the studio at the beginning and end of their dance classes.
5) Disinfecting of barres, cubbies, waiting area, bathroom, etc will take place in between each class.
6) Students will have access to hand sanitizer provided by Izizwe throughout the day.
7) Only 6 students and up to 3 staff are allowed in the studio at all times.
8) All classes will aslo be offered virtually.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our safety plan please reach out to us directly.
African Dance Workout on Facebook live
Join Amy and Bisi every Saturday morning on Facebook live at 10:00AM for a great workout! This class is a great way to start your weekend. All levels, ages, and abilities are welcome to explore with us the power of African Dance all while getting a SWEATY workout. Includes live drumming!
LAWRENCE SUMMER DANCE INTITUTE 2021
Izizwe is entering its third annual year collaborating with Jean Appolon Expressions offering a free summer dance institute based in Massachusetts. The program includes classes for dancers ages 5-18, that are centered around movement, identity and social justice. This year’s program will highlight the similarities and cross-cultural connections between the Dominican Republic and Haiti, using dance as the main point of harmony. To learn more click here